Heart-loving super salad
This salad is packed with super nutrients that will work wonders for your heart and liver.
Beetroots, pomegranates, red cabbage, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, rocket salad… every ingredient has been carefully chosen for its healing properties.
Rich in heart-loving antioxidants and many other phytonutrients, this salad can be enjoyed warm and cold.
I have included some feta cheese here, feel free to omit it for a vegan version 🙂
What you’ll need…
- 3 small raw beetroots
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut in small sticks
- Half green pepper, roughly chopped
- Seeds of half pomegranate
- Rocket salad leaves, as desired
- Feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp of hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- Few stems of fresh chives, chopped
- Few stems of fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp of good quality sea salt (you can skip the salt if you use feta)
Pierce the beetroots and the sweet potatoes with a fork and place them with their skin on in a pot with cold water.
I normally cook them in the same pot, feel free to use two different ones.
Put the lid on, place the pot on the stove and bring it to the boil.
Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables.
Once the beetroots and sweet potatoes are cooked, drain and set them aside to cool down a bit before peeling and cutting them in small pieces.
Choose your serving bowl and prepare the dressing.
Pour the extra-virgin olive oil and the apple cider vinegar in the serving bowl, add the herbs and the salt if using, and mix well.
Add the red cabbage, beetroots, sweet potatoes, carrots and pepper, then the rocket and feta – if using.
Sprinkle on top the pomegranate seeds and the hemp, pumpkin and flax seeds.
Mix thoroughly and enjoy!